Friday, October 22, 2004

Vomit Day :'(

Legs!

*Sigh*

*Grimace*

*Resignation to fact*




This is the order of things...tuesday nites at my gym.Yes... i've a love/hate relationship with Leg-training. I love the fact that my legs are huge.. i love the pain... I moving supra-maximal poundage.. Conversely, i also HATE all those things.Damned slabs of meaty thigh muscle.



People stand/sit and stare when i train 'em. Wondering at the intensity... Wondering of the sanity. Truthfully, I too sometimes wonder about my sanity.

What right-thinking man goes and gets crushed...voluntarily.. AND LIKES IT?



Leg day:

Simple at best;

Quads: Squats

Hamstrings: Leg-Curls, Straight-Leg deadlifts (opt.), Hyper-extensions (opt.)

Calves: Standing/Seated/Angled/Donkey Calf-raises



Simple on paper.



SQUATS:

Two warm up sets with a 45-pound Olympic bar

Not a bad feeling..today mite not be soo bad after all



1st Set: 20 reps at 100 pounds...Easy... Gonna be a great day



2nd Set: Wobbly..15 reps at 200 pounds.. damn... strength/reps are down*shakes head*... Today's gonna suck big time



3rd Set: 300 pounds.. 6 or 8 reps... hard to count with these little black spots floating around my head.I walk away from the rack... hoping to wake up and find that someone finished this workout for me. No such luck



4th Set: Hell! 350 pounds...dropset.. No spotter. 2 or 3 reps at 350 (refer to 3rd set's comments), 2 or 3 reps at 300...stripped to 200 pounds... rep til failure.




I wobble over to the leg-curl station.The intention here was to superset leg-curls with straight leg-deadlifts... no way jose! 6 sets or leg-curls later 'tis time for calves...



Calves, usually my redemption bodypart. Not this evening tho... My body means to tell me tha teverything gonna be hard tonite.



Superset:

Seated calf-raises with Angled seated claf-raises.



It's *sic* like flogging a dead horse...



"Hi my name's dead horse... Flog me!"



4 sets completed (barely), i get up to go home... but wait.. "what's that in the corner?" the suicidal part of me asks? "The leg-press looks so lonely... lets go spend 10 minutes with it"



4 high-rep heavy sets of calf raises follow on the leg-press machine.



The End! (of me)


No comments:

Post a Comment