Thursday, October 28, 2004

Back Again

Yesterday's Leg workout was inspired by the dumb comment by a layperson.



Today unfolds:



My mum still has construction going on around the house. A truck arrives with a truckload of cement blocks. Me being the only male in the house.. my role is to bring all of em in..Mind you, it took a truck to bring em. These things are heavy. What follows is a day in the sun grunting and groaning trekking with these things two at a time into the yard.. Needless to say.. i feared there'd be no energy left for my back workout that evening. Here in Barbados, people seem to think manual labour is exercise."o you don't have to go to the gym today.. lift those bricks" they joke.THERE my reason for working out that evening was born.



Remember the guy from the day before who saw me in a knee-length pants and claimed i had no legs?.. The same guy saw me lifting the bricks today and walked up to me and apologised.I was wearing shorts and my legs were kinda hard to miss...getting in the way of the blocks at times.



Tired from my day of lifting, i pop one vivarin pill (200mg caffeine) that big K.I.G. gave me.. and it was off to the gym.



Back:

After a day of bending over lifting ridiculous quantities of stone, no one would anticipate the course of this workout




Exercise one:

Old faithful: Deadlifts

Warm up with Bar

Set one: 100 pounds..rep till failure (thought i wasn't going to stop)

Set two: 200 pounds..rep till failure

Set three: 300 pounds.. only 4 reps



I wanted more tho



Set 4: Borrowed Big Jerry Nicholl's Lifting straps.. 400 pounds deadlift (single).. dropset... 200 pounds..rep out



Exercise two:



Reverse Grip Barbell Rows



Set 1: Started out at 100 pounds for like 20 reps

Set2: My former training partner ..Chris Belle walks in.. accuses me of using gear..LOL.. that realy made me feel jacked... 200 pounds ..rep till failure



Set 3: Chris continues to ask me what i'm using... man knows how to make a guy feel good.. I slap on more weight.. for a drop set: 300 pounds (3reps)..200 pounds (3 more reps).. 100 pounds (rep til failure)



Jerry over in the corner starts up spewing trash talk so i take up the bar... slap on weight and rep.. calling his name on every rep



Set 4: 200 pounds Jerry..Jerry..Jerry..Jerry...til failure.. Dis-satisfied.. i pick up the bar and put in two more reps



Exercise 3:



Lat-Machine pull downs... I yawn tru these..Not my idea of hardcore.. but can't neglect any muscle group and get whupped contest time.. now can i?




Exercise 4:



Behind the back Shrugs.. 4 sets.. varying weight.. rep til failure




~Nark


No comments:

Post a Comment