Friday, October 22, 2004

Day One: Chest,Arms, Traps.

Chest day approaches again...dreadful chest day.My weakest bodypart.... Read an article last nite... "Chest in time"...poor play on words, but worth a try all the same.Goal? To complete chest workout in under 30 minutes... o and inflicting all the pain in the world. The latter part should be no problem...just ask my ex-training partners... if they you can dig 'em out from under their beds (long story)



Exercise 1: Flat dumbell flyes



I started this movement with the 20lb dumbells...yea baby weight.. then again a true iron warrior can make 5 pounds feel heavy.20 reps later... minimal pump.I take 30 seconds rest and then it's the 30 lb dumbells.. my reps are still high.. 30 secs rest.. then the 40 pounders (starting to get tired butt getting a hell offa pump)...Last set 50 pound dumbells...dropset.. to the 40s..30s...20s(barely get the 20s in the air)



Exercise 2: Parallel bar dips



3 sets to failure on each set... Same short rest periods... One word: Pain!



Exercise 3: Flat dumbell Bench-press



No comment



Exercise 4: Throat Prone



Feels like my chest is gonna explode.At this point.. i'm just going tru the motions...Didn't know that short rest periods could make a workout this intense...It's like painful cardio...with a pump



Onto Arms... Here, the pump is the main objective... I'm tired and my energy levels have hit rock bottom.Looking at the clock, i'm making good time.



Exercises:



Superset 1:

Standing Barbell curl & Straight-bar Machine Press-down

4sets



Superset 2:

Seated Alternated Dumbell Curl & Over head Dumbell Tricep Extension

4sets



Ever seen a grown man cry?



At the end of superset 1..My arms are swollen.Looking in the mirror, i'm thinking "when's the baby gonna pop outta you guys?"



I'm done... or not:

Looking at the clock i've still got like 10 mins left (workout being kept at 1hr Maximum... Chest and arms had taken 50 minutes)



What to do... what to do?



Traps are never too big..what about some trap-work?



Damn straight



I load up an Olympic Bar and commence repping. The exercise? Barbell Shrugs...Behind the back. The pump i get, extends from the base of my skull ...down to where the trapezius muscle inserts near the spinal erectors.

4 sets...that's all i can handle... traps..forearms... everything's pumped...

What idiot invented exercise?...I wanna go hooome.





INTENSE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment