Sunday, October 24, 2004

No going BACK

Tried a new gym.. and new training partner for a couple days this past week.



Methinks that was just the stimuli that my muscles needed.



Back day...

New Partner: Big K.I.G.

Scene: His neighbourhood Iron Dungeon



This was back to grassroots training; Improvised exercises... no Olympic Bars or any of the other work-load-reducing aparatus. Just cast-iron a bench and an overly-eager training partner.I'll fix the last part tho... I'll make sure there's not a hint of eagerness when i'm tru.



Editor's Note: Big K.I.G. was later seen lying on bench unmoving... It was this editor's belief that he was dead.



Execises 1:

Dead lifts... An aptly named exercise.



Set 1 --100 pounds 25 reps

Big K. jumps in and grunts "lite weight papa"



Set 2-- 200 pounds rep to faliure

Big K. complains about lower back pain...cops out



Set 3-- Drops set 300 pounds..to 200 pounds.. rep till failure

K. continues to watch from the sidelines... rub his aching eyeballs..um i mean joints.



Set 4-- Rep-out set 200 pounds

I MISS the feel of cast-iron weight.No bouncing; no assistance as with the olympic bars.



Exercise 2:

Barbell Bent over rows



I go tru 4 relatively easy sets at 150 pounds... by myself. Looking around, Big K's nowhere to be found.Gotta remember to start a thread on AR about this.



Exercise 3:

Close Grip Pulldown's (V-bar)



Big K's back...bring on the pain.Methinks he wishes he'd stayed at home.Look at him grimacing...I LOVE training.



4 sets later.. we're onto the next exercise:



Exercise 4:

Lat-Machine Pull Downs (Behind the Neck)



It's exercise 3 all over again... but with forced reps and negatives.Each set goes to failure..each of my sets that is.Where'd K go again?





Big K.I.G. wants to do One arm Dumbell rows, since he missed out on the deadlifts and bent rows...He seems legitimately hurt so i concur...His spinal erectors don't take the stress of the movement so we switch:



Exercise 5:

45ยบ Reverse-grip Bent Over Row

Refer to Exercise 2



Finisher:

Don't think my traps can ever get too big...so i finish this back workout with 4 sets of Behind the back shrugs...



NICENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment